Home » self assessment

Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International

Except where otherwise noted, content on this site is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.

self assessment

Where do i start? Probably with that I. I have gone through a lot of typing and writing through this semester with lots of changes from when I started to this point.That first I is an example of a common mistake I did during typing up my essays. My essays all had a certain audience genre, and objective that it was suppose to meet.

The literacy narrative although young during the time it was made was meant for other people who wanted to find a way to deal things meaning the genre would have been a self help site with an experience shared. I think at the time of writing this a lot was going on of what piece of writing got me into writing and so after some brainstorming the literacy narrative came to be. I thought it would be too much of a downer but I thought instead maybe this can inspire people who have no way of venting that there is a way (this was of course during the drafting). There was also minor (like any draft) grammatical errors that after some peer review I was able to fix. This literacy narrative didn’t contain any quotes or annotations it was just raw experience of how a piece of writing became important to me.

The annotated bibliography was about Cinderella and how she was a protagonist that did nothing due to her being a woman and in the time it was created women weren’t expected to do anything but be in trouble and get saved. In the beginning of this I was so confused on what to do since I haven’t done this really. After some panicking on what I should do i thought back to the mention how the protagonist not doing anything and instantly thought of Cinderella. That is where my draft started and then going on a search through other students works to help support mine was tough. I had gone through the database and when looking for other works to support is hard. They have your idea except they don’t word it the way you want it to. The amount of time I was searching was a lot that when it came time to peer review the draft I handed to the other person was mostly ranting without any evidence. The draft of course though went under a lot of work with fixing places that needed it. The credible sources I found had to be actual credible ones that I can rely on so that I don’t look dumb when presenting my information. Putting the sources was probably my favorite part because it meant I was done. As well as citing into my essay. They were the final touches that I incorporate last since it is so easy to.

Lastly there is my Researched Critical Analysis Essay. The hardest one to do (in my opinion that is). I thought this work was really annoying from how much I was struggling. There were so many things going on that I was confused by what I was saying at times. I think while doing some practice in sam’s class (a really good professor) I had this idea of little red riding hood and since I was done with Cinderella and not wanting to go back into that I went roLling with the Little Red Riding Hood one. I already learned how to find credible sources at this point thanks to the annotated bibliography so I found it a bit more easier when finding sources. However finding 6 SOURCES wasn’t a walk in the park but the practice from before made time management possible and saved me a lot more when doing my essay. When it was time to peer review I was practically done with everything just waiting for my partner to tell me what to fix and thankfully it was just some spelling.The other essays prepared me in making sure my draft was at a great start.

Each piece of writing I have done this semester has helped in a way where it builds on the other. There was times where I wouldn’t know what I would need to do in my RCA without the help of my annotated bibliography. The literacy narrative helped prepare me in being able to express my ideas or whats in my brain at the time of writing. The annotated bibliography helped overall in setting up my arguments or what i’m writing about with credible evidence that can accurately support them. The citations also came in handy when I had something to prove straight from a text.

In conclusion that is my first semester in CCNY and how this fairy tale writing has prepped me for other writing classes in the upcoming year.